Monday, May 4, 2009



This is one of my favorite memories from the Scott Hall days. Just now realized that it will be 30 years tomorrow since my first North Scott Hall Regatta. Ya' gotta' Regatta....That was sure an interesting day for me....went to Little Chute with Russell to pick up the beer wagon and 6 half barrels...when we got there they were welding it together--should have known there would be problems. Had to tow the beer wagon back to Oshkosh with a van---heading south on 41, little bit of rain, in a hurry to get to the lake...next thing ya' know, snapped the tow bar, I'm spinning, Russ passes me (no brakes)....there go the half barrels bouncing down the highway. We finally got stopped, everything still upright--people stop, not checking on us, but bringing back the half barrels--unbelievable! Only got better from there...plenty of beer, cruddy weather, little boating, Spid Peeper--wonderful day overall (we'll forget about the trip to New Holstein).....

No comments: