Thursday, July 23, 2009

So here's a good one for ya', but I really need some help with this, don't know how I got started thinking about it. Who remembers "the Mounds"? I seem to remember there were 8 of these hills kind of to the west of Polk. I know when I got to Oshkosh they kept these things pretty well manicured. Then the let 'em go--I heard either lack of funds for upkeep or they decided they were too dangerous to mow (somebody got hurt?). Finally came back one fall and they were gone. Think they were an art project? I'm sure somebody knows more than I do on this subject, so fill me in.....

2 comments:

Buy & Sell Real Estate in Minnesota said...

Bulldozed!!! Too high maintenance......remember cruising through them with Steve Blum, Dale Wolf, and others.......

Unknown said...

I do remember those! They were an art project.

Suzanne Lirette Schwartz