Wednesday, July 8, 2009


Was down on the lake today, saw some sailboats, and it got me to thinking about the Scott Hall Regatta again. Don't think that I ever saw a sailboat at Regatta, and I never made it to Fett's boat in '79, but whatever. I do remember Spid Peeper and remember winding up in New Cow in '79 though, and the small incident with Officer Bob. Thanks to Mose for keeping me out of the big house there. Then there was '80 and the wonderful Sigmund Snopek. Clown walking around in the spaceman outfit. What a buzz kill. I remember in '81 when I was playing in the softball tournament with the Teamsters and had the accident with the lighter fluid and started myself on fire. Thanks Gipp for putting me out. I think that the pictures are from'82, when we moved down to Rainbow Park to try and avoid the lake flies (hope they still have those damn things---every student should get to experience them...). Somebody else was running the thing by then, but we still knew how to have a few beers (looks like Old Style (maybe Blatz)...only the best for us...). Little change up with the beer tickets by '83, but by then we we wise to the ways of the would.....(it's not what you know, but who you know.....). If there are any more pictures out there, let me know and we'll figure a way to get them posted......

No comments: